From: Kristine Ashton-Magnuson
GoTV Networks and Revolver Launch RevolverTV on all Major U.S. Carriers
GoTV Networks Teams With Revolver, the World's Premier Hard-Rock Magazine, to Unleash RevolverTV on iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon Wireless
Los Angeles, CA — April 30, 2010 — GoTV Networks, Inc., the industry's largest mobile media network, and Revolver magazine, the No. 1 hard-rock and heavy-metal destination in the world, team up to launch the RevolverTV mobile channel. Subscribers will get current music videos, artist interviews, live performances, exclusive access at special events, Guitar World lessons, as well as a behind-the-scenes look into Revolver's unparalleled photo shoots. RevolverTV joins other GoTV channels, which include Hip Hop Official, ES Música, True Country, Univision Móvil and Sprint Exclusive Entertainment. The RevolverTV app is available at www.revolvermag.com/revolvertv.
As one of the channel's first exclusive features, RevolverTV offers backstage video clips from the 2nd Annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards—America's original hard-rock and heavy-metal music award show—which were held in April. Highlights will be broadcast on VH1 Classic on May 22. RevolverTV is the only place where you can find the following backstage and Black Carpet clips:
- Best Vocalist nominee Corey Taylor praising award winner Ronnie James Dio for fighting cancer
- Presenter Dave Mustaine of Megadeth commenting on hanging out with Most Metal Athlete award winners Leonard Davis, Corey Procter, Marc Colombo of the Dallas Cowboys
- Slayer's Kerry King on meeting Honorary Headbanger recipient Robert Englund, the actor best known for the role of Freddy Krueger
- Presenter Ozzy & Golden God Award winner Rob Halford discuss a possible Ozzfest 2010 lineup
- Presenters Joey Jordison of Slipknot & Vinnie Paul of HELLYEAH discuss the legacy of recently deceased Avenged Sevenfold drummer Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, who won Best Drummer
- Chino Moreno and Abe Cunningham of the Deftones discuss their brand-new record and video
- Presenter Kat Von D, of L.A. Ink, and friend Bam Margera discuss Jackass 3D
- Slash and Dave Grohl interviewed together on the Black Carpet about their collaboration on the Slash record and on the Motörhead classic "Ace of Spades" with Lemmy that night at the Golden Gods
- Marilyn Manson discussing vampires on the Black Carpet
- MMA Fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller on fighting and metal
For a sneak peak at RevolverTV's exclusive Golden Gods content, check out the links below:
- Lemmy & Dave Grohl discussing Lemmy's career and a possible Probot 2 record:
- Zakk Wylde being interrupted by Ozzy Osbourne backstage:
RevolverTV offers new episodes daily, across the following channels:
- Music Videos (currently featuring brand-new music videos from Deftones, the Devil Wears Prada, Slipknot and Alice in Chains)
- Behind the Scenes (currently featuring celebrity interviews at Revolver headquarters and at all of its location shoots, featuring rock luminaries such as Dave Grohl, Rob Halford, Ronnie James Dio, Lemmy, Atreyu, and Scott Ian with his wife Pearl at her Hottest Chicks in Metal photo shoot)
- Revolver All-Access (currently featuring exclusive videos from ComicCon, the Hottest Chicks in Metal, MMA fighting, horror movies and video games)
- Guitar World (currently featuring exclusive guitar lessons from Killswitch Engage, Nevermore, Every Time I Die and Papa Roach)
- Revolver Live (currently featuring concert and special acoustic performances from the top bands in hard rock and heavy metal, like Five Finger Death Punch, Deftones, In This Moment, Drowning Pool and Lacuna Coil)
- Special Events (currently featuring celebrity interviews at Revolver events like the Golden Gods Awards, NAMM, Mayhem Festival and Revolver's Paul Booth Tattoo Party, emceed by Mistress Juliya)
GoTV Networks has exclusive rights to distribute RevolverTV content across mobile platforms worldwide. The channel is available on all major U.S. carriers, including Sprint, Verizon, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry RIM devices. The May 2010 issue of MacLife magazine praised the RevolverTV app, noting: "From the World's Loudest Rock Magazine comes this hardcore, ear-splitting app…with music videos, behind-the-scenes segments, and special concert footage that'll make you feel like you've got your favorite band hanging out in your back pocket."
Daniel Tibbets, EVP & Studio Chief for GoTV Networks, says, "RevolverTV is the perfect addition to GoTV's lineup of existing mobile music channels. The new channel addition is not a replica of the magazine, but rather an extension of its unique perspective, as well as its impressive artist reach and coverage of the hard-rock genre. By extending the brand to mobile, RevolverTV will tap into a loyal fan base that already responds well to this new medium."
The partnership integrates Revolver's ever-growing audience, with a magazine circulation of over 150,000, and combines it with that of Guitar World, whose circulation is over 250,000. Revolver and Guitar World also pack a punch online, with over 1.2 million unique users per month and over 4.5 million page views. Revolver is the official media partner of the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, which draws over half a million fans annually.
"As an editor and a rock journalist, whenever I've interviewed bands, reviewed shows, and written stories, there's always been an energy, a danger, a spark of the live experience, that has been so hard to capture in the pages of the magazine," says Brandon Geist, Editor In Chief of Revolver Magazine. "We are extremely excited to unleash RevolverTV and take our fans beyond the page and right onstage, into the studio, and behind the scenes, where they can share that adrenaline rush with us."
GoTV Networks reaches over 100 million mobile users worldwide and is an industry leader in delivering branded entertainment across all mobile platforms.
About Revolver Magazine
Revolver is the No. 1 hard-rock and heavy-metal destination in the world. In print for 10 years, the magazine takes readers into the studio, onto the stage, and behind the scenes, providing in-depth information, mind-blowing original photography, and hilarious insights they can't find anywhere else. The home of The Hottest Chicks in Metal, Revolver also covers horror movies, mixed martial arts, tattoos, action sports, and more. Every year Revolver throws the premier U.S. hard-rock and metal awards show, the Revolver Golden Gods. Highlights of this year's show will be broadcast on VH1 Classic on May 22 and feature appearances by Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Halford, Dave Grohl, Slash, Lemmy Kilmister, Dave Mustaine, Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson, Kat Von D, and many others. Revolver sponsors over 20 hard-rock tours each year, including the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. Its website (www.revolvermag.com) features exclusive interviews, music and video, photo shoot outtakes, and contests.
About GoTV Networks, Inc.GoTV Networks is the premier North America mobile media network and services provider. GoTV brings original content and 3rd party rich media content, including video, audio and books to the widest mobile distribution network in the U.S. This content is accessible to mobile users using downloaded applications and through on-demand streaming services on a broad range of wireless devices. GoTV-distributed content is available on the Apple iPhone Application Store, AT&T, Blackberry Application World, Boost Mobile, Cricket, the Google Android Market, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and Virgin Mobile. GoTV Networks is headquartered in Los Angeles. For additional information, please visit www.gotvnetworks.com.
PR & Media Contact For Revolver Magazine:Kristine Ashton-Magnuson
PR & Media Contact for GoTV Networks:Axis Marketing & PR